Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Home #5


As I was driving back from Vegas on Sunday, I realized I was looking forward to going home to Death Valley. Right on cue too-- I had just passed the three-week mark of living here. I suppose the list of places that I can call home will only grow now-- it’s looking like I’ll lead a pretty seasonal life for the next couple years. The magical thing about living a seasonal lifestyle in a park is that everyone who I live with is doing the exact same thing. I don’t get the same quizzical reaction here when I discuss future plans, or lack thereof. No one here quite knows what is coming next in their career, but they know that they’ll end up in a beautiful place with a solid community of people who are pursuing similar national park dreams. That’s the mentality I was chasing when I left DC. It’s good to be here.

No comments:

Post a Comment