Sunday, December 13, 2015

Plane Life

I’m cruising on a flight from Phoenix to Houston and I figured it was high time (ha ha) to write a blog post about flying! I’ll jot down some tips and stuff I’ve thought about over the years I’ve been roaming this country by plane.

Some thoughts from the plane:

1.
Bloody Mary Mix is the way to go for that free drink.  Salty, some substance to fill you up a bit so you don’t have to buy airport food, and on United apparently they’re super fancy and dress it up to almost look like a real Bloody Mary! You know it’s a good airline when they give you a whole can, amirite?


2.
The thing I hate most about seatmates is when they close their window if they have the window seat. Like come ON what is the point of flying if you’re not gonna look out of the window.  Take the aisle if you want the space, duh.

3.
I always try to work the carry-on system.  Take a fully-loaded bag and other random things in my arms and then also a huge backpacking pack stuffed to the gills. Then I go though security and gate check it and save myself $25 and also don’t have to carry it around the airport with me while I go pee. I suppose a better solution would be to pack less but… eh.

4.
Something that just got reemphasized for me just a few moments ago is that the very best way to get exercise is to have a very tight connection in a large airport. I felt like a champion when I made it onto my flight after my dorky Chaco-clad sprint through the Houston airport. No one applauded though; what a letdown.  You can really show yourself as a true hero when you let people who have tighter connections leave the plane before you. The comraderie among plane passengers on a delayed flight is unparalleled, I’d say. That bond is extra fun when you see the people from your first flight sitting on the little airport car things as you huff past looking like a fool. But the run was worth it. Sorry current seatmates for how much I sweated, though.


Hokay well we’re landing and my seatmates just tried to buy 4 Jack and Cokes so there’s that. Can they share?

No comments:

Post a Comment