Sunday, May 15, 2016

Spring Hitch

Greetings from the frigid McDonald's outside of Laconia, NH! We are lurking here getting internet on our day off, so I am attempting to blog post from my phone. We are currently on Spring Hitch-- 10 days camping and working in various state parks to help the park campgrounds and day use sites get open for the summer. Mostly we have been raking a LOT of leaves. My leaf raking abilities have improved dramatically, lemme tell ya. And I have yet to get blisters, which is a miracle. Tomorrow we start raking again, but this time on the windy shores of Lake Winnipesaukee (biggest lake in the state)! We have a prime beachfront campsite and we went swimming yesterday. It was chilly but hey, we are stinky and we'll get in any body of water.
It's currently raining sideways so we are probably going to continue to lurk and avoid our cold campsite. Last week we were camping in this gorgeous private campsite in Patuckaway State Park. It was sunny and rocky and buggy. The crazy part was that we could set up our kitchen in a large pavilion with LIGHTs and OUTLETs! Fancy camping, we didn't even have to set up a kitchen tarp! In other news, I've been setting some daily goals for myself. We work a 7-4 schedule so we have a lot of time in the evenings to play bananagrams and hang out. I've been trying to do a headstand, jog or journal (very different I know), sew a patch onto my pack, and write a couple of postcards every evening. Goals for next hitch: floss every night! Step by step...

No comments:

Post a Comment