Monday, June 6, 2016

Spring Breeeeeak in short

Spring break just ended, and I’ve had an awesome day back on the job—hauling enormous rocks with people power and rock bars on a trail in Bear Brook. We are building a staircase! But anyway, I’m about to go off to bed before 9 pm because I am so very tired from many nights of sleeping in different places. As I’ve leaned from my years working at camp, your brain does not adjust to a new place on the first night of sleeping there, so it’s often hard to get a full nights sleep. Luckily I was exhausted every day of break and had little problem passing out in my sleeping bag each night, but I didn’t quite have a restful break (I never slept in!) So, here is a list of all of the places I slept over my break of travels. Adventure!

Friday: my car parked in Portland
Saturday morning: the airplane to Atlanta
Saturday: my friend Aly’s tent at Wildrose Campground in Death Valley
Sunday: the ground in the desert at Alabama Hills
Monday: the front seats of our rental truck at the Buckeye Campground
Tuesday: the boy’s tent at Lake Lamarck in the John Muir Wilderness
Wednesday: my hammock at Grandview Campground in the Ancient Bristlecone Pine Forest
Thursday: my friend Nicole’s futon in Portland
Friday and Saturday: Yuka’s guest bedroom (TWO NIGHTS!!!)
Sunday: my car at the rest area in Kennebunk, Maine.

Now you have a good sense of what I did over break, right?


No comments:

Post a Comment