Sunday, August 28, 2011

Summertime done, come and gone my oh my

As much as I like it at here, the transition of camp to home is never easy. Especially because I'm supposed to be packing what I need for the next 4 months but all I can do is daydream about the wonderful summer that just ended. My flight to Arizona is at 7 am tomorrow, and then my semester in the desert will begin! I'm excited now-- now that my time isn't taken up with tasks, goodbyes, cooking for 50 people (including 28 ridiculously picky ones), workshop planning/ teaching, and breathing in the last bit of Cove air.
Sunrise on the way down from the Bald. Plus the moon!
Junior session went well-- lots of adorable messy campers who really help you remember the wonder and awe that can be found at the Cove. Every mushroom they find is the coolest thing ever, and spotting a Red Eft can make their session. We found a Red Eft in the lodge while we were closing camp. Its toes were covered in lint and watching it walk was even cuter than usual!

No comments:

Post a Comment