Friday, September 9, 2011

Whatever the weather

This post goes out to Emiry, because it is about how weather is SO COOL.
Yes. Especially in the WEST! Oh boy!
I'm just so very excited about it!
This picture is from my first desert storm (Operation Desert Storm!).  When it rains it pours!
You could say that I am on Cloud 9 when I look at the sky here.
I'm in awe every time I go outside. The sky really is bigger in the West!
But time for a cool factoid that I just learned from Emiry:
The phrase, 'On Cloud 9' is actually in reference to a cloud guide from the 19th century in which cumulonimbus is the 9th cloud.
Well a picture can't capture it, but maybe you can get the idea. This is the view from Thumb Butte.
This picture is from today's trip to Agua Fria National Monument.
We have severe weather warnings right now, which made for EPIC skies the entire field trip. The clouds were reaching down to the ground in places and looked so ominous(ly AWESOME), but then you turned around and the sky was bright blue with fluffy clouds. And the lightning! How do I even describe it?? Jagged bolt lightning like the kind on coffee table weather books! But in real life. I think I'll end this semester with an injured neck from all the time that I've spent looking UP!

1 comment:

  1. THUMB BUTTE??? HAHAHAHAHH
    I went to a place called Crested Butte oncce. heh.

    ReplyDelete