Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Paint Pig

In high school I got to move my room to the basement, so of course the next step was to go crazy with paint and cover an entire wall with really cool arty designs. And by that I mean we had a paint fight and some went on my wall too.

Over the years, the wall became a place for friends to write random things on when they visited. There were at least 7 languages on the wall, and other pleasant surprises:

PROOF.
But alas (insert comments about growing up and eventually moving out of my house), the day of painting over my wall has finally come. Mixed feelings of remembering good times with old friends, anger over WHY we thought it was a good idea to glue feathers on the wall, and puzzlement about why there are pink spots emerging under the fresh coat of white paint...

Not happy about being a paint pig this time.
Cat in the Hat?
I am hitting myself for not taking a recent pic, as this is one from four years ago, but it is essentially the same. Maybe a couple more languages and donuts. I miss you, wall. You will always be remembered by the weird lumpy spots underneath the paint.


No comments:

Post a Comment