Thursday, February 11, 2016

Earth Stuart

Today Team Bingo Bango Bongo aka Team Turtle aka my teaching team had our first day of teaching! It went fairly well, considering about half of our whole group caught a barfing plague, including Jillian (see her blog for a first-hand account).  She got better enough to come into the school today though, and miraculously did not barf in class. A Christmas Miracle!
Our lesson was simple: to introduce ourselves and the idea of Earth Stewardship. All kids in our program have to take the Earth Steward Pledge, which goes as follows:

I Pledge-
To care about the world around me
To understand and explore the world around me
To share my learning and do service
To make the world around me a better place for plants, animals, and people
I carry this commitment with me always
I am an EARTH STEWARD


Only issue? Fourth graders definitely don’t know what stewardship is. In our last class of the day we had to talk about how Steward and Stuart are two different things, and being and Earth Stuart is not a thing.






































The joke about Stuart did lead to this character, which is sure to show up from time to time because he is now our group's inside joke. We think it's hilarious, and I hope you do too.

No comments:

Post a Comment