Friday, February 3, 2012

Good Ripples

I've only posted a couple of times (and about nothing very important) since I've returned to life on Mount Desert Island. I guess I don't have many *new* things happening, because I am back in familiar territory, and that seems boring to blog about. But today I thought I would share my normal Friday with you. Nothing special happened, but it was a really good day. Those are my favorite. I love how the small exchanges and interactions that happen on an ordinary day can cause good ripples.
Shout-out to Joan of Arcadia!


Today after doing food shopping for my trip I walked to the post office in town. The man who works there, Warren, is my favorite postal worker ever. Every time I go, I have somehow managed to wrap my box terribly or with the wrong tape. He tells me that he is supposed to charge me for the tape that he uses to fix my messy work, but since we are best friends he'll let it slide. Because that's what best friends do. And every time I leave, I'm smiling. Kindness goes a long way.


And when I left the post office and sat waiting outside in the glorious February sunshine (WHAT is wrong with this winter?), who else introduced himself to me than one of the founders of COA! I guess I looked like your typical COA student, soaking up the sun on the grass in Carhartts. Anyway, we chatted for a couple of minutes about how wonderful the school is, and how he started it, and then we were both on our merry ways! Small town, small school.


Then I rented XC skis for the first time (will probably blog about how it goes later) and headed home with friends to make Indian food and watch a stupid chick flick! And eat cookie dough ice cream! So normal, so wonderful.


I don't have pictures from any of these things because nothing really happened (I think that is the point of this post?), but here is a picture from yesterday. My house had 'Dress Like Your Housemate Day', and it was a raging success! No one could tell us apart. We are pros.
















Here's hoping that I will find something cool to blog about soon! If you are still reading this, I hope you find yourself in the path of some good ripples.

1 comment: