Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Post Office Obsession

I heard the worst commercial recently. It advertised a website called stamps.com. 
Avoid a time-consuming trip to the post office by purchasing and printing stamps online!

It even kind of rhymes. Barf.

I can see how some people would benefit from this-- post office hours are not conducive to folks who work from 8 am to 4 pm, and sometimes there are lines.

But...

What about the JOYS of walking into a bright post office?? You go up to the counter, and peek behind the scenes at the buckets of mail ready for sorting and delivery. You get to choose what unique varieties of stamps to buy. Sometimes there is candy. You get those wax paper bags with the USPS logo, full of stamps... ahhhhh, what could be better?

I have recently started a project of post offices, where I will attempt to visit and send mail from as many post offices as possible. This idea came to me when I laid eyes upon Wisconsin's Northernmost Post Office in Cornucopia. How cool is that?? So I took a picture and sent a postcard, and now I am hooked. Who knows what other unique post offices are out there? I must find them! I must send more mail! I am on a mission!
A very important one, duh.


This post is dedicated to Addie, because I sent her a postcard from Cornucopia.

1 comment:

  1. ANNIE!!!
    This was a whole year ago.
    I need to send you mail.
    Where are you???!!!!

    ReplyDelete