Thursday, July 28, 2011

Salamanderz

I thought I should have some sort of nature blog post, since I do work at nature camp/ bug camp. Plus, I cicada nature!


On a slightly nature-related note, here is my favorite picture from 2nd session's final exam: The Great Race! Staph vs. Campers. We prepared for it with quite the rigorous training regimen (intimidation + lunges with biology textbooks + flexing zee gunz).



Pulling chara and WINNING!

Anyway, back to nature. Salamanders! I've been having a great time searching for them in our stream this summer after taking herpetology. 1st session I had camper projects about salamanders, and I am siked to teach about them at 3rd session as well.
This is a long-tailed. Except that you can't see the tail. But I swear it's there!

I believe this is a northern red, but a juvenile because it's not super dark yet.

This is not a salamander, but a pic of The Bald at final ceremony! It was a gorgeous night.
Stay tuned for more salamander pics! I maybe take too many. But they are sooooo cuuute!



No comments:

Post a Comment