Saturday, July 30, 2011

Seeing HP 7.2... the camp way

Seeing a movie with camp is probably different than any other way you could ever go watch a movie. Well, any way that I've ever experienced at least.


Jessie and I (+Sarah) took our burn-out day to go see Harry Potter on opening night in Winchester. Though being Winchester, there was no line to wait in so we ended up getting there ridiculously early and sitting in the theater. On the plus side, we each got 2 pairs of 3D glasses by going in twice (once in normal clothing, once in our house-elf attire)!
We needed a nap before it started.

Just a coupla Harry Potters!
When 2nd session ended, we discovered the HP 7.2 was playing in the drive-in! A trip to the drive-in (or anywhere) with camp involves costumes!
And sitting in the backseat of Ellie's car with D-rod involves insane pictures and many Harry Potter-ized songs.
 
"Act like you are Voldemort and you just found out that Harry destroyed four of your horcruxes"
Here is our Harry Potter-ized version of 'Thank God I'm A Country Boy':

Well life at Hogwarts is pretty laid back
ain't nothing a wizard like me can't hack.
Going to Hogsmeade through the witch's back!
Thank God I'm a magic boy!

Well a wizarding life here at Hogwarts,
learning how to live and fight the Dark Arts.
I just can't wait til school starts!
T-G-I-A-M-B!

Chorus: Well I got me a firebolt and damn I'm British,
when the sun's coming up I'm out playing quidditch.
I'm chasin' down horcruxes,
they're hard to finish!
T-G-I-A-M-B!

Well the cloak was my Daddy's til the day he died
Dumbledore took my hand and held me close to his side
He said 'fight the Dark Arts and vanish with pride!'
T-G-Y-A-M-B!

Using my wand to fend off a curse,
got knuts, sickles, galleons fillin' up my purse.
Got hit with cruciatus, 
nothin' hurts worse!
T-G-I-A-M-B!

See, Harry Potter is never over!!



No comments:

Post a Comment