Tuesday, October 11, 2011

The Ruth Fire

I finally found it! It being 'My Spot', and 'found' meaning I had to go there for my Fire Ecology class anyway. I hadn't been actively looking for a spot, but now that I have found It, my spot it shall be! I'm envisioning it as my place to draw, daydream, reflect, learn, and relax in the sunshine. Oh! I haven't even shown you what it looks like. Here:




















Just a barren hillside, I know what you're thinking.


Look a little closer:

Nothing like mullein to make me feel at home.


Juniper sap!





















It's quite beautiful and calm. The hill sort of reminds me of the Bald, which is maybe why I like it so much. Ponderosa pines are surrounding the fire site which is a bonus because I think they are my favorite tree species. And there are signs that a possible hobo has been camping at the top of the hill... so that's exciting.
Next time I'll bring my binocs to do some birding.
Stay tuned for the actual latin names of the species pictured-- I'll learn them in class tomorrow!

1 comment:

  1. omg, annie. i just found you blog. it's amazing. your photos are beautiful... and life seems pretty beautiful also. YOU GO GIRL LOVE YOU BYE

    ReplyDelete