Thursday, December 22, 2011

San Francisco, do you understand?

You do! You totally understand!! (that reference is just for you, Jessie)




Point is, I just got home from a wonderful transition weekend in San Francisco. I have a bunch of distant family there, and a few friends, and I was already out west, so what better excuse for a trip up there?


I spent the last half a year in a town in the middle of nowhere Arizona and in rural West Virginia, so I really appreciated being in a big and bustling city. I'm sure I would absolutely love spending time in the parks around the bay area, but the city was what I needed right then. Mostly because one of my biggest hobbies is figuring out public transportation in new places I visit.


My experience with Muni was smooth and super fun!
I spent most of my time wandering around to different neighborhoods and being a huge tourist. I met up with a friend and went to Golden Gate Park for the day, and then at the end we caught the last light of a gorgeous sunset on the ocean. I hadn't realized how much I'd missed the water until that moment.

A beautiful walk through the park
On my last night, Will (whose apartment I was staying at) took us up to Twin Peaks for the best view of San Francisco. We stood on this bluff and could see the fog rolling in (and feel it), and we could point to all of the neighborhoods we'd visited during my stay. 

The camera doesn't do it justice-- the view was spectacular.
I can see myself living in San Francisco someday... that city has it all.

1 comment: