Wednesday, December 14, 2011

took me long enough...

but I finally went ROCK CLIMBING! Given that everyone at Prescott only talks about rock climbing and uses terminology that causes my mind to wander and me to look vacantly at walls, I spent practically the whole semester without ever going. I'll just blame it on not having equipment. 

But then last week, the Women's Rock class had a free-for-all day and so I joined them on a jaunt to Boulderlands at Granite Mountain. I was absolutely terrified because I was the only one who had never gone before and I thought that I was going to make a huge fool out of myself. Luckily all the girls were super encouraging and taught me everything I needed to climb my first face! And I only climbed that one... my legs were too shaky after it. But I will climb more! I think I've caught the bug... what a rush!

No comments:

Post a Comment