Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Snow days

Funny thing about Arizona is that you get a 2 hour delay with a dusting of snow. I'm not complaining, but sheeesh that sure is different from Maine. Rumor has it that we sold all of our snow plows to Flagstaff, so that could explain Prescott's lack of preparedness when it comes to winter storms.

Butte Creek that runs behind my house and through campus

Anyway, we got dumped on a bunch this weekend (for Arizona), and so I spent a few quality hours in the snow. Cuz if you can't beat 'em, join 'em. Referring to how I do not want it to be snowing while I am supposed to be spending a semester in the sunny desert!! 
On Saturday there was a huge snowball fight on campus. My friends and I heard about it and crept out and made bunches of snowballs and snuck around buildings trying to ambush people. Then we found out that it was actually an organized game of snowball capture the flag. Awkward. Eventually it did morph into a snowball fight... it was hard to avoid. 

I also went for a nice walk with dearest housemates Noah and Yonah, snow dog!


Good days in the snow, but my fingers are crossed that it will all melt and be perfectly sunny for my last week here.

No comments:

Post a Comment